On June 21, my brothers birthday, we made our annual trek to Bear Lake. While I cannot do the story justice, especially on a 10 min break, I will add pictures now and then go back to add comments when we stop going for a minute this week (or weekend). Thanks Steve for the pictures...
The pump to blow up the "floaties" as we call them was missing a vital part, so those who really wanted to use a floaty had to blow them up. This took less time than I thought it would but more time than anyone actually spent on a floaty.
Rebecca had so much fun playing in the sand. This is the first time she has tried to do the sand castle thing. She is growing up so much and doing so well with new experiances.
For those of you who know Rebecca, she loves to talk to boys (I know, we are in trouble as she gets a little older) and is a huge flirt already. My brother thought this picture was very fitting for that reason. We finally made it home that night just in time to have cake and ice cream before the clock rolled to midnight. Of course, Rebecca didn't last that long but the rest of us were there in body even if we were all half asleep.
2 comments:
Ooohh, I miss bear lake. Sounds like you had a fun time! Thanks for the blog!
Thanks for helping make my birthday special. As clarification, we stop for honey because it is fun to see the bees buzz, taste the many flavors of honey and watch the amazing German clocks. Their fudge was also awesome (thanks, Dave).
We stop at the cheese factory because I had a childhood memory of visiting the Cache Valley cheese factory that I enjoy trying to recreate. The Gossner cheese factory experience can't compare, unfortunately, but the cheese samples are squeaky. I especially like their smoked cheese curds.
And, I'm full of hot air, so blowing up the "floaties" was finished in no time (Mom and Dave helped, but I was the real bag of wind). This year with a paddle for control, I spent a very long time enjoying my floating chair.
For those interested, a complete review of my wild birthday adventure can be found on http://stevenelmer.blogspot.com under the June section. If you want to come along on next year's journey, we have a blast. We'd love to have you.
Thanks again for a wonderful day.
--Steven.
Post a Comment