Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter Weekend...

I know I should do these at home so I can add pictures, but I only have a few hours before bed time each day and there is just not enough time to get on the computer. Anyway, I will again try to add pictures later, for now you will just have to imagine. Easter weekend, we had reservations at the Crystal Inn in Logan. It was originally going to be a get-a-way for Dave and I, but due to outside circumstances we decided to take Rebecca. I am so glad we did. After check-in we went to the pool for a while and then went to our room to get ready for dinner. While CC & I were getting ready, Dave went to the car to make sure we got everything. Low and behold, my brother and his family pulled up and were staying just across the hall. His wife is like a big sister to me and ironically I had just been thinking "I really would love to see Shar today" and then there she was. They have a 11 year old and a daughter the same age as Rebecca. They were nice enough to allow us to tag along on their activities (since our original activites were not really centered around a childs interests). We went to Hamilton's for dinner, went swimming again and finally got to bed about 11. Crystal Inn has the best breakfast and we actually found a table big enough for all 9 of the group. Apparently there was a Baby Animal Fest at the Heratage Center and the hotel was full. We skipped the baby animals in favor of the Utah State ice cream, a good choice? I am not sure, but it was good. Anyway, on the way home we all stopped at the Treehouse in Ogden (which is the children's museum of the area) and the girls had a blast. Rebecca had so much fun hanging out with her cousins. Thanks Bill & Shar for making us feel welcome into the group.
Easter was a great day, despite my forgetting to get candy until the store we went to was out. We went to Wal*Mart at 6:00 on Saturday night to get candy. We did actually find some, hidden in another isle behind a buch of canned food. It was 2 bags of malted milk balls. In reality, it was enough. We had gotten Rebecca a dress, shoes, necklace and fingernail polish and stickers and that was plenty to get her hyped up all Saturday night and Sunday. Who needs sugar to be hyper??? Anyway, yes, we do baskets Sunday morning (I grew up with the tradition that the friends of Christ went looking for him on Sunday morning and that is where the "searching for baskets" comes from so that is why we do baskets on Sunday) and Dave & Rebecca had a lot of fun finding their baskets and playing with the stuff inside. That night we had dinner with the Green family. In reality, the only one's who read this blog were there, so I won't bore you with details you already know. Hope you all had a great weekend as well!

2 comments:

Monica said...

I like your reason for doing baskets on Sunday. I also grew up with doing it that way too but recently I have heard of so many people doing it on Saturday. I have been trying to decide which one I will do. I still can not believe that you had some of your family stay at the same hotel and right across the hall too! I'm really glad that you all had fun and can not wait to see the pictures from the trip.

Veronica said...

What a fun weekend!