I am not really sure how to get picturs of our fun weekend because our at home computer is acting up and I don't have the card here at work, but I have had a few people comment on the time that has passed since the last post, so here is an update.
A friend of mine told me about a place you can go to see egales eat before they take off to Alaska. It lasts about a week out at the Farmington Bay. At the peak it I have seen pictures of over 100. There are also pelicans and other interesting birds. For Christmas my mom got a pair of bonoculars (sorry about the spelling throughout, but I am sure you get it) and she has been trying to get somewhere to use them. So off we headed to try to find some cool birds. We went Thursday night to find the spot and actually were able to find a lot of fun birds including 3 adult and 1 younger eagle. Saturday morning we wanted to try to go at 7, but didn't leave until 8. We were trying to hurry because many of the birds go into the reeds between 9:30 and 10 and so you can't really see them. As we got about halfway out on the 4 mile dirt road Rebecca informed us that she needed to go to the bathroom right now. So, we rushed back to the bird refuge educational buildings where we knew there was a bathroom. Since we were there, my mom wanted to get a picture of a few things in the buildings and show Dave the info there. By the time we set out again it was getting a little late, but we figured that we had come this far we might as well go back out. As we drove out we saw a couple of owl's. Now you may say, "hey, I thought those were nocternal", which they are. After a few min. of excited bird watching I noticed that the feet were part of the base they were standing on. Apparently these are decoys to show the other owls were to land. We did get to see some more egales and a lot of phesants and other birds that we didn't really know what they were but it was a fun adventure. We got to the best watching spot right at 9:30 and the photographers said that we were about 5 min to late. That most of them had just flown away. Oh well, there is always next year.
We were also able to go to the Draper Temple open house on Friday. Throughout the week we had talked about the importance of temples and worked really hard on preparing as a family to be able to feel the importance while we were there. I am not sure it helped Rebecca. She did think it was really pretty, but my mom was far in front of us and so all Rebecca could think of was catching up with her. Oh well again. I am sure good intentions add up at some point. She did really like the brides room. I am sure all who know her can understand that one. After the open house we rushed off to Rebecca's school for her 100 days celebration. On my off Friday's I help out in Rebecca's class. This week she hit her 100th day of school. They were all supposed to bring a snack that they counted out 100 of and that is the "center" that I helped with. We dumped in all the treats and then put a bunch in a ziplock to take home. After they got their bag of snacks they drew the items in their bag. At the end of the day the teacher dumped 100 balloons onto the floor and allowed them all to pop the balloons. It was so loud but Rebecca had to much fun to notice.
Anyway, sorry no pictures yet. I will try, especially of the very real owls, because if you were to see the pictures you would see why we were fooled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a wonderfully fun family weekend. I will have to get my family to go out and see the birds one year. My husband especially loves birds so he would have a blast.
Post a Comment